CHINA LATINA

"chee-na la-tee-na"

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Vegetable Korma

I tried a Korma sauce from Seeds of Change Foods, which was quite tasty but it won't keep me from going to my favorite local Indian place (Moksha) to enjoy their wonderful Vegetable Korma dish.

This was an easy way for me to duplicate Vegetable Korma at home. I sauteed some chopped onion in olive oil until translucent and then added 2 cups of chopped cauliflower and 1 large carrot diced. I sauteed for a minute and added the jar of Korma sauce along with 1/2 jar of water to dilute the sauce a bit since it was quite thick. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Then add 1 can of chick peas drained and a small bag of frozen petite peas; cover and cook until hot (about 5-10 minutes). Serve over hot Basmati rice and a side of Indian bread (naan or fried plain puppodums from Tiger Tiger).


No comments:

Post a Comment