CHINA LATINA

"chee-na la-tee-na"

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Shrimp and Grits (Cakes)



I met Chef Samantha Enzmann at a Whole Foods Low Country Favorites cooking class. She's a wonderful chef (check out her place The Mercantile) and does a great job teaching. I love shrimp and grits so the class was right up my alley. I learned to make a lovely shrimp broth that's used to finish the saute of bacon, shrimp, tomatoes, corn and okra. The grits cakes included cream and grated Kerrygold Dubliner cheese, which is a wonderful sharp white cheddar type cheese.

I made this dish for my family and the only change that I made was that I used Benton's Smoked Country Bacon that gave this dish a wonderful dimension and heartiness. The meal was a big hit. My husband took some to work the next day and as he re-heated it, his co-workers said that it smelled like a restaurant in the office.


No comments:

Post a Comment