CHINA LATINA

"chee-na la-tee-na"

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Pork Roast Supper

I thought of my friend, Scott, who's adept at making pork roasts, when I recently made dinner plans. I picked up a pork roast at the store, looked in the spice cupboard for some interesting seasonings, sprinkled away and placed the pork roast in the oven for a few hours. I'm a rice and gravy kind of gal so I used some of the pan drippings, added some flour and a few turns of the pepper mill and voila, we have gravy!



Pork Roast

one 3 lbs. pork butt
1 T. Penzey's Ozark Style Seasoning
1/2 t. garlic powder

Pre heat oven to 350F. Place pork butt in a baking dish. Combine the Ozark Style seasoning and garlic powder. Rub all over the pork butt. Roast for 2-3 hours, testing for doneness. Remove from oven and let sit for 15 minutes before carving into thin slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment