CHINA LATINA

"chee-na la-tee-na"

Monday, July 2, 2012

Summer Veggie Salad

Friday night, I met my friends for a girls night out painting party.  We decided to bring something to share since the painting party was held during supper time.  It's been a busy week with keeping my boys entertained during the summer AND I just finished a calligraphy project addressing wedding invitations for a dear friend.  I had to be creative with the ingredients I had on hand and a friend just gave me some farm fresh summer veggies so I decided to make a salad.

Summer Veggie Salad

1/4 c. orzo, cooked al dente
2 small yellow squash, sliced & parboiled, drained
1 small zucchini, sliced & parboiled, drained
small jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained, sliced in half
small can black olives, drained
1/3 c. Meyer lemon olive oil
3 T. raspberry balsamic olive oil
1/4 t. garlic powder
1/4 t. rosemary sea salt
freshly ground black pepper to taste
can of tuna, drained (optional)

In a large bowl, add the orzo, yellow squash, zucchini, artichoke hearts and black olives; mix gently.  In a small bowl, add the Meyer lemon olive oil, raspberry balsamic olive oil, garlic powder and black pepper; whisk until thoroughly combined.  Pour over the veggies and mix well.  Add tuna, if desired.



Have fun with flavor infused olive oils and balsamic vinegars. Love our local place in Roswell, called Oli & Ve!

Here's my attempt at a "little house on the prairie" ... LOL!



No comments:

Post a Comment